“Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related deaths in men. In the U.S., roughly 30,000 men die of the disease every year. Many famous figures have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and their diagnoses can help to build awareness for the disease. Here is a list of some famous men diagnosed with prostate cancer, followed by information to help you determine if you’re at risk.
Famous Men Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer
The following is a list of only some of the celebrities who have coped with prostate cancer:
- Arnold Palmer: Golfer – Arnold Palmer became a champion for prostate cancer following his own diagnosis. His cancer was usually suspected based on a rising PSA test, and confirmed with a prostate biopsy. He chose a radical prostatectomy for treatment and remained cancer free.
- Harry Belafonte: Singer and actor
- Bob Dole: Former Republican senator from Kansas
- Robert De Niro: Actor and director
- Rudy Giuliani: Former New York City mayor
- Charlton Heston: Actor
- John Kerry: United States Secretary of State since 2013
- Nelson Mandela: Former president of South Africa and anti-apartheid activist
- Francois Mitterand: Former president of France
- Roger Moore: Actor
- Colin Powell: Retired Secretary of State
- Frank Zappa: Musician “
Read the Entire Article Here —> https://www.verywellhealth.com/famous-people-with-prostate-cancer-2328516